Search This Blog

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Saturday the Evangelizing Day?

Sent: Wednesday, May 16, 2007 1:12 PM
Subject: another blog entry


Perhaps just a beautiful weather day for all sorts to be out and about? Neighborhood streets always filled with people buzzing about to get to next yard sale, but also a big turn out of Jehovah Witnesses and the customary guys in white shirt and tie on their bikes (Mormons). I had to get home to hitch up my Vatican flag. The JW's are pests and usually the Mormons are at least fun to speak with.

There was another group (also wearing white shirts and ties) as well up to something--selling some merchandise behind some religious cause, which reminded me of the Seinfeld episode with the Sunshine Carpet Cleaners--where they 'abduct' Mr. Wilhelm and he changes his name to 'Tania.' And I felt a little like George when they got bored with me and quickly left as soon as I told them I was Catholic.

It sure was a beautiful day to be out and about--how come the Catholics to stroll around neighborhoods proclaiming how great the Truth really is?

Gerry

No comments: