Search This Blog

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Receiving on the Tongue

Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2007 9:40 PM
Subject: Fr Jon's 4th anniversary tonight


I generally receive in the hand. I recall when we were instructed back in CCD to receive in the hand. Other than my preferred receiving at the Communion rail--I suppose I never gave it much thought.

Tonight at the associates priest's (one of the good guys) 4th anniversary of becoming a priest he pointed out to me (after Mass with great Homily) as a traditional Catholic (via my emails/ postings lately) I should really be receiving on the tongue.

He pointed out to me that receiving in the hand is a newer/ untraditional way and less reverent than receiving on the tongue. Going along with my other recent complaints this fits in as well with something the US church did different than the Authority in Rome.

I am sure there is probably other stuff I do during Mass, etc which is probably learned behavior or following others--right or wrong. But, I thought it was pretty neat that he took time to notice and point that out as well.

Gerry

No comments: