Search This Blog

Friday, May 25, 2007

Need a new church/ parish

Do you think if I write to the Bishop of Baltimore he will tell me what parish I can attend and expect the Mass to follow the rubrics of the Catholic Church?

*No altar servers wearing sneakers
*No lectors remaining on the sanctuary during the Liturgy of the Word
*No EME's taking and replacing Communion vessels on Altar
*No EME's blessing children during Communion
*Church where the lay parishioners aren't in charge
*Reverence on the Altar and during Mass
*Church were ordained/ lay really care and really believe
*Mass where parishioners aren't coming in late or leaving early or getting up during Mass
*Mass where there is reverence

I know these places exist. I have been a parishioner to places like this in the past.

At present place of worship, I can expect most of these I mentioned on my list to occur each Sunday Mass. Dont think I can continue my growth in this setting. I dont believe it is healthy.

Gerry

No comments: