Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Mother Teresa

Sent: Tuesday, September 25, 2007 1:51 PM
Subject: Mother Teresa


I saw these stories as well last week or so and just typical of the secular media to run with such stories. Most readers, especially Christian readers will understand and take it worth a grain of salt--but these non-believers/ atheists love these stories. One of the main propagandist is HBO's Bill Maher who continues on each episode to push his anti-God agenda. He added on this issue that Mother Teresa is one of them--it is kind of comical other than the numbers of whom actual watch and listen to what this guy as well as others like him are spreading.

I also think if by speaking about this nonsense are we giving them credence to there thought process? I would wager that most Catholics never heard this story nor knew of a book but only caught on when it was mentioned that she might be an atheist. This story probably broke on a slow news day plus close to her anniversary of her death and got some play with the media. As far as I see it came and left relatively quickly.

My second thought on Mother Teresa is that I am very reluctant to address this issue because I have taken notice of a very very few whom I would note as saints on earth in recent times. The Gates of Heaven are a very narrow set of doors and few are chosen to walk through them--But I would have to think that Mother Teresa is at least one of them. Everything I have heard or read about her has Saint written all over her. She didn't chose just to work with the poor but the poorest of the poor--I am sure it is poverty we know nothing about here in the US.

I have no worries about our soon to be Saint Mother Teresa but more so our 'radical secular' society and the growth and spread of atheistic viewpoints.

Gerry

No comments: