Search This Blog

Thursday, September 27, 2007

KofC Meeting

Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2007 10:39 AM
Subject: KofC Catholic Round Table


Thanks for calling the meeting the other night.

Looks like we got a little more clarification on our mission. I've been unsure other than times when asked to speak with Fr Gene about something the Knights may be able to offer.

And little harder up here (Crofton/ AA Co./ Baltimore Diocese) since there is another KofC active in this parish, but like myself there are many former Sacred Heart council/ Bowie-ites living in this area now. I actually attend OLF for daily Mass and Sunday's over at Sacred Heart since I know Msgr Parry keeps his Masses according to the traditions of the Church (I also make it a point to attend a 12:10 Mass each week down at the Shrine). But, I continue to teach CCD as well as run the feed the homeless in Baltimore on the 4th Friday of each month out of OLF. I am also called on when an Adoration Guardian is needed during the 24 hours each week dedication to Eucharistic Adoration. Maybe we can establish an email list when we update brother Knights of what is going on or is needed in the community.

It seems with the round table we should be able to at least use it as a great data base of information of what is going on within the Kof C council area. When are Masses, Confessions, Adoration, any special devotions, pilgrimages, etc. As well as any special projects as talks/ sermons/ etc. I make it a point to read the Catholic Standard from each Archdiocese each week--tons of great info, but if I just attended OLF--I wouldn't know what was going on with the DC diocese. I think this info would be very welcomed.

Thanks
Gerry

No comments: