Search This Blog

Sunday, September 30, 2007

15 Promises of Mary

Sent: Sunday, September 30, 2007 12:37 PM
Subject: Fifteen Promises


Msgr Parry

I figure someone is calulating what good I do. What graces I will receive or partial ones even. Was i in a state of grace when I did this or that? Did I confess my sins perfectly?

I always liked the idea here about signal graces.

I think if more people knew about the 15 promises we would be living in a totally different world.

I loved hearing about the indulgences today.

Thanks

Gerry
The Fifteen Promises of the Virgin Mary

to those who recite the Rosary





1. Whoever shall faithfully serve me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall receive signal graces.

http://rosarycreations.com/rosarypromises.htm

1 comment:

Gerry S said...

Q. 844. What is Plenary Indulgence?
A. A Plenary Indulgence is the full remission of the temporal punishment due to sin.


Q. 845. Is it easy to gain a Plenary Indulgence?
A. It is not easy to gain a Plenary Indulgence, as we may understand from its great privilege. To gain a Plenary
Indulgence, we must hate sin, be heartily sorry for even our venial sins, and have no desire for even the slightest sin. Though we may not gain entirely each Plenary Indulgence we seek, we always gain a part of each; that is, a partial indulgence, greater or less in proportion to our good dispositions.

Q. 846. Which are the most important Plenary Indulgences granted by the Church?
A. The most important Plenary Indulgences granted by the Church are:

1.(1) The Indulgences of a jubilee which the Pope grants every twenty-five years or on great occasions by
which he gives special faculties to confessors for the absolution of reserved sins;
2.(2) The Indulgence granted to the dying in their last agony.

http://www.catholic.net/baltimore_catechism/template_channel.phtml?channel_id=14