Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Aunts and Uncle's WDW DEC 2006 trip Plans

Hi All,

This message comes to you from your friendly travel agent in Hilton Head! Some updates on our upcoming trip.

Firstly, We have cracked the waitlist on one of the two bedroom villas at Old Key West from December 3-6. this means that we all will stay at Caribbean Beach the night of Dec 2 and some of us will move over to Old Key West on Sunday after church. The two bedrroms sleep eight actually, but I know you all would like your own rooms. They have a king sized bedroom and a secondbedroom with two queen sized beds. My thinking right now would be that Jack and I (as king and queen!) would take the king room, and Aileen and Bill take the queens room. Jerry, you perhaps could take the queen sofa bed. As you know, Old Key West villas are huge and very accomodating. The reason I think it would be better for Aileen and Bill to be there is because they have such a late flight out on Tuesday, they could hang around, either at a park, or at the villa till they have to leave for the airport. You would get magical express to the Caribbean, and back from Old Key West. Ginny and Tom, sorry to leave you at the Caribbean, but we will compensate you for your extra expenses somehow!!! Really!
Of course, this will be changed if the other two bedroom clears and we can all be at Old Key West. We;ll keep our fingers crossed. My friend at Disney Member Services says this has turned out to be one of the busiest weeks at Disney! All the hotels are sold out!

If you all want to change the above around let me know. We would have to cancel any rooms at Caribbean Beach at least one week earlier or so. I havent changed those reservations as yet.

Secondly, I confirmed a dinner package on Sunday night, Dec. 3 at Germany in Epcot and this includes seats at the Christmas Candlelight show. We have reservations for the 6:45 show which means our dinner reservations are at 3:30 to give us time to eat and walk over to America. I am holding it on my credit card, but we dont pay until that evening at the restaurant. I am so excited about this - should be fun. We have never actually eaten at Germany so it will be a first for us. We will have time to walk around Epcot both before dinner and before the Illuminations show at 9:00. Hope you all like this.

Thirdly, other schedules - I think Monday will be total park day and I'm sure you all have different directions you would like to go. There is so much to see and do of course. There is a new ride in Animal Kingdom - Mt Everest - if you are a roller-coaster fanatic! Karen and family did it and loved it. Also Animal Kingdom has the Lion King show, and also a new show on Nemo should be open by then.

We love MGM as the shows are always good. Anybody for Tower of Terror, or Rock and Rollercoaster? Not us. But the Muppets, Indiana Jones, Great Movie Ride, and several good restaurants.

And of course, Magic Kingdom. - Must see Main Street decorated for Christmas. And Its a Small World! etc.

I guess, Saturday, our first day, might be spent at a park, or if the weather is nice, hanging around the pool at Caribbean Beach. Maybe Downtown Disney. Bill and Aileen are in late and we could meet up with them later.

As you remember, we'll go in on my passes together at one of the parks we pick and then everyone can spread out and do their own thing. We may meet for dinner Monday night and we can decide that later. Depends on where we all are ending up.

One more thing - Christmas shopping! I could spend the whole time doing that!! We can use my 40 percent discount as long as I make the purchase for you and you pay me back. Not too many exclusions on this discount, but some, like new DVD's etc. I also found out that we can take guests this year to our Product Control area, which is a huge Disney flea market where everything is marked way down - its like the land of misfit toys! But they have clothes, toys, decorations etc. We may have to squeeze that in somehow if you want.

I know I'll think of something else, and will get back to you as things come up.

Any questions, please let me know.

Jerry - I know you mentioned driving here first and going down with us. Not sure if that will work and I will let you know our plans. We want to see Selena and John and Katie while we are in Florida and may head down there before Disney or after Disney. They may even come up, so I will let you know. You still could use our house as an overnight - we usually leave one door open for Karen to check on things! dont tell anyone!

Love to all. Later ......Carole and Jack

3 comments:

Gerry S said...

Thanks for coordinating Carole. The plans sound fine to us. Years ago we ate at the Germany site at Ecpot . The lady wanted yours truly to get up on stage and do the "chicken dance" which was just coming into vogue at the time. I was only on my first German beer at the time so I declined.It was a fun dinner as I recall.The dinner plans etc. on Sunday evening sound great and earlier you mentioned about the character breakfast . Could we do this on Monday morning ?? And do we need a reservation. We don't see you all that much so we'll hang with you all until you tell us to leave. We have no particular agenda. Haven't seen Animal kingdom but have seen most of the other venues. As I mentioned our plane gets in around 11 pm on Saturday evening but we will be raring to go on Sunday.
HOPE ALL ARE WELL. ENJOY THE DAY. HOPE THE BEARS CAN REDEEM THEMSELVES AGAINST THE GIANTS TONIGHT.

Gerry S said...

Another update for our trip.

I made reservations for the Character Breakfast on Monday morning at the Cape May Cafe at Disney's Beach Club at 9:20 AM. This is such a pretty spot - we have done this breakfast before. They have Goofy, Minnie, Chip and Dale etc. It runs around $16.00 per person. But its a meal for the day!

Also, forgot to tell you the price on the Germany/Christmas show package. It will be $29.99 per person. I didn't actually get a discount as they dont give them for the packages. I checked on the package advertised with our confirmation and it is held in Future World where the big ball is in Epcot, with dinner, dessert, entertainment and then you walk to see Illimuminations. The cost was $59.00 which I thought was a little steep. And I like the idea of being in a country for dinner and then seeing the Christmas show. Hope it all works out I told Jerry I am checking on a possible dessert package after the show and will advise if I find out about it. They may not be doing it anymore.

More later ......Love, Carole

Gerry S said...

Hi All,

News from my friendly friend at Disney Member Services. We now have our two bedroom villa at Old Key West for the whole time, starting December 2 until Dec. 6.! So now, all except you, Ginny, will have to cancel their reservation at Caribbean Beach. I will attempt to do that for you all, but if they have to hear it from you, I will let you know. Dont do anything until I get back to you. disney will probably return your deposit by showing a credit on your credit card.

Ginny, we are still waitlisted at Old Key West for another one or two bedroom villa, and I hope it comes through. We are getting pretty close though, so it may not. We will have two cars so we will schedule pickups for you guys whenever we head out. Both Old Key West and Caribbean Beach are quite close and real close to Epcot. When are you scheduled to arrive on Saturday?

Bill, you will have to change your Magical Express to Old Key West - that shouldn't be a problem. We will be at Old Key West awaiting your arrival. Since the buses come right to the check in area, you can stop in at front desk and pick up your keys, and call us for a pickup to the villa!

Jerry - Jack and I are leaving Friday morning, and meeting John and Selena and Katie in Jacksonville for the night, leaving Saturday morning to Disney. Have you decided when you are heading down? If you want to stay here on the way, we will be here until Fri AM.
John and Selena are looking at houses in JAX and want us to see the area where they may move. Just let us know your plans. I know you want to go down to Disney early and hang out!

I will call disney now and see if I can do all the cancelling for us. Will let you know.

We're getting there guys - a great time awaits us!!!! Love, Carole and JAck