Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Ordinary or Extraordinary Rite MASS?

To me, regardless if it is an ordinary or an extraordinary I want a reverent Mass. I do think the now extraordinary Mass is the more reverent of the two. For Sunday Mass, there are easily more Masses I would not attend over the few I'd think I could find a relatively reverent Mass--of course most of these would be the ordinary/ Novus Ordo Masses. I also have stopped attending my present parish's Sunday Masses for this reason (although I do attend daily Mass, teach CCD, feed the Homeless, Adoration, devotions there). I do think since now I am attending a reverent Mass (ordinary rite) on Sundays, where the priest/ church follows the rubrics from Rome, I find my trips downtown to either Baltimore or DC less common--although I love the Tridentine Mass.

Last Sunday, we actually stayed around the corner from St. Matthews Cathedral in DC and attended the 10a Latin Novus Ordo Mass--which I believe the whole family really enjoyed.

Gerry

http://www.catholic-pages.com/forum/topic.asp?topic_id=12656%20&whichpage=2

No comments: