Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Using Lord's Name in Vain

Sent: Tuesday, June 05, 2007 4:21 PM
Subject: Catholic-Pages.com | Discussion Forum - Lord's Name in Vain


I hear constant cries to limit violence/ sex/ cursing and lately even smoking on screen/ tv/ video games and the like but one of my pet peeves is the constant using the Lord's name in vain. I realize some may not be aware of it but it seems at least to me to be running rampant. Even the 'oh, my G__' bothers me. Something I watched over the weekend--perhaps the Soprano's was filled with this stuff. I even notice when the kids are watching their shows--Disney Channel, etc that those shows are filled with these as well.

Once again where is the reverence? In Old Testament times you could be put to death for just saying His name. I think it is Father Larry Richards on one of his cd's whom addresses this as sins.

Gerry
http://www.catholic-pages.com/forum/topic.asp?topic_id=11571

No comments: